Your Guide to the Best Corded Electric String Trimmers
A string trimmer is one of the most essential tools for everyone that has a smaller lawn or needs to trim a smaller part of the lawn, where a mower can’t reach. And one of the most popular and best electric string trimmers is the corded version. The great thing about this quiet, little but effective tool is that even some of the best corded electric string trimmers are rather inexpensive, and help keep your lawn not only beautiful but also safe from the weeds.
And today, we wish to share with you all the knowledge we have on this type of trimmers, how they can benefit the lawn and how to choose only the best corded electric string trimmer that will serve you well for many years.
Top 7 Best Corded Electric String Trimmers: Comparison Chart
|39.57 x 9.84 x 4.33 inches
|8.5 x 4.88 x 37.6 inches
|LawnMaster Red Edition GT1644
|5.9 x 9.8 x 40.2 inches
|Scotts Outdoor Power Tools ST00213S
|44 x 14 x 8 inches
|38.6 x 9.2 x 4.9 inches
|Sun Joe TRJ13STE
|49.52 x 11.42 x 13.19 inches
Reasons for Using Corded Electric String Trimmers
A corded string trimmer is best for house owners who own a small lawn, where you can easily use an extension cord and don’t have any problem with movement.
The corded weed eater works pretty simple and just like any electronic appliance: it comes with a power cable that you just need to plug into an electric socket. The great thing about the corded electric trimmers is that they are more efficient than mowers since they can reach up to the corners where a lawnmower cannot.
Additionally, every best corded weed wacker is environmentally friendly, easy to maintain, affordable, and rather quiet, thus you won’t be contributing to such a serious problem as noise pollution or won’t damage your own health due to loud noise.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Corded Electric Trimmers
Every corded electric weed eater has some pros and cons. So let’s take a look at what they can offer:
- Lightweight: Corded weed eater is lightweight because it does not have any power supply in it like a gas can or a battery. This is what makes this device the best weed eater for women since it’s very lightweight and simple to carry.
- Does not make any sound: Many models of electric wackers used for grass are quiet, so you won’t have to get any additional noise protection.
- Always charged: One of the important reasons why the electric string trimmers are so good is that you don’t need to worry about the power supply since all you need is to connect the device to a socket.
- Comfortable to use: You just need to simply plug it into the power supply and turn the trimmer on. That’s simple and convenient enough.
- Affordable: This is not always the scenario but you can always purchase an electric trimmer on the market at a less expensive rate than the powered or gas trimmers.
- Restriction in movement: A grass wacker can somewhat restrict your mobility. As you plug into the power supply and trim your garden, it highly depends on the extension cord you use.
- Extension cord gets in the way: Sometimes the cord might get in the way.
Key Features to Look for in Corded Electric String Trimmers
When you want to choose only the best corded electric string trimmer, you need to pay attention to a couple of things:
Size and Weight
It’s always best to look for a lightweight wacker since you’re going to carry it the whole time you’re working in the garden. Thus, it’s better to opt for a string trimmer that is less than 10 pounds.
The motor is one of the most essential things you need to look at while choosing the best corded electric string. That is because the entire performance of the machine depends on it. Thus, always make sure that the electric trimmer of your choice has a motor with at least 4 amps.
The feed is another essential part of any corded electric string trimmer since such a system controls how much line your device receives.
There are 2 types of feeds:
- Trigger release auto-feed: This will feed a new line automatically when you let go of the trigger long enough for the wheel to stop spinning.
- Bump feed: Here the line gets released only when you bump the trimmer.
Cutting Lines and Cutting Path
There are several types of cutting lines that every trimmer has, but some of the most widely used are dual lines, stronger and longer ones. Whichever you choose depends on the lawn you have.
As for the cutting path, this is the pathway that your device is able to work on. Generally, it’s best to choose a more narrow path if you have a rather small lawn since it will be more precise. Meanwhile, the wider path is a better option if you want to wrap up the work a lot quicker and/or have a bigger lawn.
Safety is the prime focus when you’re working with machines. Thus it’s always important to look for electric wackers with solid guards since they ensure a lot better safety. Plus, you can also look for a trimmer with safety switches since a lot of the best corded electric string trimmers come with them.
Most of the best corded electric string trimmers come with additional accessories. All of them vary in their usage and offer different benefits. For example, some attachments can transform your device into a root-trimmer, blower, hedge trimmer, or branch pruner.
Are There Some Legal Considerations for Using String Trimmers?
Some states, like California with its Proposition 65, have special rules regarding certain landscape gadgets. Thus, it’s always better to check the regulations of your region before getting the best corded electric string trimmer.
And that’s all for our guide on the best corded electric string trimmers! All and all these are an essential tool for every lawn owner, especially if you have a smaller lawn, or hard-to-reach places a trimmer can’t get. And while we were creating our corded electric string trimmer reviews, we’ve determined that in order to choose a proper and worthwhile tool you have to consider how big your lawn is. For example, if you have a green corner that’s about 2.5 acres or so, then make sure to choose a trimmer with a more narrow cutting path. And if you have a bigger lawn, pay special attention to how heavy the trimmer is, and go with a more lightweight option.
With that said, we sincerely hope that our little tips will help you find only the best corded electric string trimmer 2021! So best of luck, and let us know which model you would recommend and why! Perhaps you have some experience with some of them?