Your Guide to the Best Corded Electric String Trimmers
Keeping the lawn neat and tidy is tiring but the same work is done efficiently if you own the best corded electric string trimmer. You’ll be thrilled to use it due to its exceptional results. If you are looking for the best corded trimmer then you have landed on the right article. Delve into the article to learn more!
Top 7 Best Corded Electric String Trimmers: Comparison Chart
|Motor||Cutting Width||Line Feed||Dimensions||Weight|
|Greenworks 21212||4 Amp||14 inch||Auto||39.57 x 9.84 x 4.33 inches||7 pounds|
|BLACK+DECKER BESTA510||6.5 Amp||14 inch||Auto||8.5 x 4.88 x 37.6 inches||3.19 pounds|
|LawnMaster Red Edition GT1644||10 Amp||16 inch||Auto||n/a||10.5 pounds|
|Toro 51480||5 Amp||14 inch||Auto||5.9 x 9.8 x 40.2 inches||5.3 pounds|
|Scotts Outdoor Power Tools ST00213S||4 Amp||13 inch||Auto||44 x 14 x 8 inches||4.6 pounds|
|WORX WG119||5.5 Amp||15 inch||Auto||38.6 x 9.2 x 4.9 inches||6.5 pounds|
|Sun Joe TRJ13STE||4 Amp||13 inch||Auto||49.52 x 11.42 x 13.19 inches||5.07 pounds|
Reasons for Using Corded Electric String Trimmers
A corded string trimmer is best for house owners who own a small plot of land where you can easily use an extension cord without facing any problem in its movement. This corded weed eater comes with a power cable that is needed to be plugged into an electric socket. They’re more efficient than mowers and can reach up to the corners where a mower cannot. They are environmentally friendly, easy to maintain, and affordable which succumbs it to be the best corded weed wacker.
Few things that need to be kept in mind if you are planning to purchase a corded electric string trimmer are an outdoor power outlet, a small yard, you should not use your trimmer often, and that you don’t need to cut down a heavy brush.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Corded Electric Trimmers
There are many reasons to use corded electric weed eater if you ignore a few of its disadvantages.
Some of the pros and cons are broadly highlighted below:
- Lightweight: Corded weed eater is lightweight because it does not have to carry any power supply like gas or battery with it. They stand to be the most convenient weed eater for women on the market due to its weight.
- Does not make any sound: Many models of electric wackers used for grass are quiet which does not make any sound and you do not need to wear any protection against the sharp noise.
- Always charged: One of the important reasons is you don’t need to worry about the extinction of the power supply as it keeps on supplying you work as long as there is the power supply in your neighborhood.
- Comfortable to use: You just need to simply plug it into the power supply and pull the trigger. No need for mixing of gas, oil, and maintenance at the end of the year.
- Affordable: This is not always the scenario but you can always purchase an electric trimmer on the market at a less expensive rate than the powered or gas trimmers available.
- Restriction in movement: Limited mobility is one of the main disadvantages of not purchasing a grass wacker. As you plug into the power supply and trim your garden, it highly depends on the extension cord you use. If it is not an issue, then grass wackers are the best choice for you.
- Extension cord gets in the way: This is not an issue if you do it carefully, but you still may face this problem. As the cord comes in the way it often gets nicked off.
Key Features to Look for in Corded Electric String Trimmers
It’s very important to know the features of the product you choose to purchase. Some of its features are highlighted in the points below. Take a look!
Size and Weight
You need to look for a lightweight wacker as you are going to carry it the whole time you’re working in the garden. Usually, it’s advisable to buy any wacker less than 10 pounds
We always choose to go for a powerful motor, as it succumbs to be the soul of every good machine. The strength of the machine will depend on the range of amperage of the motor. Also, the cord is a factor. The longer the length of the cord you use the lower the power will transmit through it due to current resistance.
Three types of feed are:
- Trigger release auto-feed: This will feed a new line when you let go of the trigger long enough for the wheel to stop spinning.
- Bump feed: It’s a button at the base of the wheel. You just need to click the button when a needed line feeds out in progress.
- Intuitive feed: This kind of feed comes to know when your line is short and fills in your gaps using a wheel mechanism.
Cutting Lines and Cutting Path
Multiple line features are available in a lot of trimmers like strong lines, longer lines, and dual lines. You just need to keep in mind your area of action before choosing a wacker with the best cutting lines for individualistic purposes.
The cutting path with regard to cutting lines is the breadth of your area your wacker needs to act upon. A large cutting path helps you complete your job in no time.
Safety is the prime focus when you’re working with machines. Wackers with solid guards for safety should be purchased. In addition to this, you can also look for safety switches and designs.
They can use various gas attachments to increase its lifespan. If you even want to have multiple tools then you can opt for it as it can get attachments that transform it into a root-trimmer, blower, hedge trimmer, or branch pruner.
Are There Some Legal Considerations for Using String Trimmers?
Special considerations and requirements remain in some states with respect to the use of certain gadgets like California. California’s Proposition 65 is an example that is concerned about landscaping and its related equipment. Check your local rules before purchasing the best corded electric string trimmer.
We hope that our guide on the best corded electric string trimmers was useful and helpful! You can also check out other corded electric string trimmer reviews, if you need more 101. Keep our little tips in mind, so you could choose your best corded electric string trimmer 2021. Have any ideas and plans? Share them with us in the comments!