Best Commercial Edger: A One-Stop Guide
If you want to give your lawn a new makeover, then you need to buy the best commercial edger available in the market. This product will help you to tame down all that wild grass in your lawn and make it look crisper. You can also use it to shave around the edges easily. Repeating this process at regular intervals will help you to prevent soil erosion. This article will learn more about the various types of edgers and how you can choose the best one for yourself.
Top 5 Best Commercial Edgers: Comparison Chart
|McLane 101-5.5GT-7||Gas||4-cycle||3.5 HP||29.8 x 19 x 17 inches||66.2 pounds|
|Earthquake 23275||Gas||4-cycle||79cc||30.5 x 15.5 x 21 inches||60 pounds|
|Southland SWLE0799||Gas||4-cycle||79cc||30.31 x 19.29 x 18.5 inches||64.6 pounds|
|Honda 647620||Gas||4-cycle||35.8cc||75 x 16 x 24 inches||17 pounds|
|ECHO PE-2620S||Gas||2-cycle||25.4||62 x 12 x 12 inches||25 pounds|
What is an Edger?
Although lawnmowers and lawn edgers have similar functions, they are not the same. A lawnmower cuts down the grass indefinitely while a commercial edger makes it easy for you to shape the grass, especially around the edges. Typically, these equipment are low-powered grass-cutters, and they have more precision. You can use it to touch up your yard after trimming the grass.
You cannot exactly call them trimmers, but specific lawn edger models can achieve multiple jobs simultaneously. Different lawn edger models have differing qualities; some are extremely strong, while others are just strong enough to function. There are also a few best commercial edger models that do not need any power to operate.
Commercial Vs Standard Lawn Edger: What’s the Difference?
Although both commercial walk behind edger and standard lawn edger fulfill the same purpose, they vary in quality. There are some distinguished differences between the commercial edger and a standard one. Firstly, the price of any commercial lawn edger will usually depend on its power source. The ones that run on electricity or battery tend to be costlier than those running on gasoline or oil. In the case of standard lawn edgers, the price does not depend on the power source. The commercial ones can perform multiple functions. They are more effective and more potent than the standard ones.
Choosing the Best Commercial Edger
Lawn edgers are available in various shapes and sizes. Different models have different qualities, and each of them is suitable for performing varied functions. If you want to choose the best commercial lawn edger for yourself, then there are several factors that you must keep in mind:
Size of Yard
Before buying the device, you must carefully measure the size of your lawn. It will make your selection process easy. So, if you have a yard that is already in a geometric shape like square, triangle, oval, circle, and rectangle, you can measure it by applying necessary mathematical calculations. However, if you have an irregular lawn, divide the area into smaller and relevant geometric shapes. This way, you can calculate the individual areas and later add it to calculate the entire area.
- Gas-powered: Most gas-powered commercial edger comes with four-cylinder engines. They are comparatively heavier than other edgers. However, if you want a commercial lawn edger, they are the best option as they can cut through the brush, weeds, and heavy grass. However, if you buy a good commercial gas edger, they make a lot of noise.
- Electric and battery-powered: They are also called electric string trimmer as they work on smaller yards. They are either powered directly through an outlet or by a battery. Nevertheless, if you want a professional lawn edger, you can skip this one as they require to be tethered to your own always to power itself.
Versatility & Ease of Maintenance
While buying professional edgers, make sure that it is versatile and easy to use. Lawn edgers are not cheap, and you won’t be buying it for a one-time or one-purpose use. So while choosing the best product for yourself, make sure that you go through all the available features. Also, there is no point in buying an appliance that you cannot maintain after use. Look for something that facilitates easy maintenance.
- Blade Replacement and cutting depth: The best commercial edger must offer hassle-free blade replacement. Dawn-out, long blade removal is not only time taking but also expensive. Moreover, an adjustable cutting depth would allow you to trim the grass according to your requirements.
- Weight: If you are buying a commercial walk behind edger or a pole edger, you should buy a lightweight one. It not only influences maneuverability, but it also allows older people suffering from physical conditions like arthritis to use it easily.
- Safety precautions: Look for commercial edger reviews to check-out the safety precautions of the equipment. For instance, if you are using an electric trimmer, there are high chances that you will trip on the long cord. It may cause severe accidents. In addition to that, ensure that the edger’s blade is disengaged before you start the engine.
Using a Commercial Lawn Edger
Although using this device is not very difficult, there are a few steps that you need to follow to ensure that you are using it to its full potential.
- Step 1: The first thing that you must do is mow your lawn properly. This will allow you a clear vision without any obstacles when you are looking for the edging lines.
- Step 2: The next thing that you have to do is outline the edge near objects like flower beds. However, if you are cutting the boundary between the hard surface and the lawn, then you can consider the hard surface like a patio, walkway, and driveway as an outline.
- Step 3: Now place the edger’s blade parallel to the cutting line, that is, on the grass’ side. Then turn it on and push it smoothly along the grass to cut it. If you hear the edger getting quieter, then your job is done there.
This guide can effectively help you make well-informed decisions when buying the best commercial edger 2021. Investing in the best edger would not only help you to make your lawn look the best, but it would also make it easier for you to do it without putting much effort. Look for commercial edger reviews when buying edgers online to get more in-depth knowledge about its user interface.